Are sugar daddy-sugar baby relationships a type of prostitution?

I’ve seen a lot of people saying that about this kind of relationship, so I wanted to know what you guys think? Do these relationships come in this way for you or not?

The answer is that it kinda depends. Sugar babies are meant to receive things like money and gifts but not necessarily in exchange for sex. You could probably, in some situations, call it sex work. But I don’t consider that to be automatic.

In some situations it is more like having an allowance from a more affluent partner. The point of the sugar baby/sugar Daddy dynamic is for the Daddy-type person to take care of the other person. While this can include money and even rather extravagant gifts (some have received things like houses and cars) it also, generally speaking, includes a romantic or romantic leaning relationship.

So, there is no clear cut answer. Some of the people who do it, consider it sex work. Some people just consider it a relationship with an accommodating woman and a generous man (or whatever genders are involved)

Having done a tiny bit of sugaring and a tiny bit of sex work, there is a difference in my head and my dealings. But I can’t speak for everyone who has tried it.

2 Likes

Maybe, but I think they’re being lazy. The long con is better: Marry then divorce him and make bank. A fool and his money are soon parted, guys who throw their money at girls are stupid enough to fall for it so why not.

As for prostitution laws, George Carlin always wondered why it’s illegal to sell something that’s perfectly legal to give away. Nothing about this subject makes any sense.

1 Like

I think people work out some kind of personal dynamic each time, and there’s no valid way to generalize.

1 Like