Can the term "youth sexual liberation" have a positive connotation?

What do you think when you hear “youth sexual liberation”.From what I’ve heard it’s something more related to organizations like NAMBLA and it’s really about defending CSA. But you think that term can it have another meaning? Or that it can be re-signified to mean something that has nothing to do with the defense of sexual relationships between children and adults?

It already has nothing to do with defending sexual relations between children and adults, because youth are not children. Youth is defined as the period between childhood and full adulthood, i.e. pubescent/adolescent. No real progress will be made concerning these issues until we face the fact that pedophilia (attraction to prepubescent children) and attraction to teenagers are completely different things. They have been unfortunately conflated by the uneducated masses due to misunderstanding of legal issued concerning age of consent vs. age of majority, among other things. The possibility that minors could (and, in many cases, legally can) consent to sexual or romantic relationships with adults is a perfectly viable subject of debate that need not in any way threaten the safety of actual children.

2 Likes

“Youth” extends to all children and teenagers. If you have a cutoff age for youth rights then you’ve not done anything to eradicate age discrimination, you’ve just moved the bar.

1 Like

It’s unfortunately common that when people hear “youth liberation” or “youth rights”, not necessarily even “youth sexual liberation”, that’s viewed as being an illegitimate movement full of paedophiles attempting to gain the right to have sex with children which it of course isn’t.

There’s certainly more to “youth sexual liberation” than just the rights of young people to have sexual relationships with adults, with sexting between minors being illegal and a lack of access to information there are many other things that fall under that umbrella. However young people’s rights to their own body and to make their own informed choices about it is probably inherently and unavoidably linked to it and the wider youth liberation movement.

1 Like

We also need to consider that some of the groups may be referring to activities that are banned even over the age of majority. 18, 19 and 20 year old’s can’t drink, smoke, use pot, buy guns. All legal actions in most of the country. Yet they are still adults and can be conscripted to go to war.

2 Likes

Perfect, this is an interest debate. But wouldn’t attraction to teenagers be classified as epheobophilia? I’ be seen some people even argue that ephebophilia is not exactly a truly scientific concept, but I have doubts about that.

I’ve really never seen any logical reason to feel that attraction to teenagers is anything other than “normal”. It certainly wasn’t looked at as unusual in any time prior to the 20th century. The modern lack of classical and historical education prevents many people from realizing this, just as the modern lack of self-control prevents them from comprehending that attraction does not need to lead to abuse. Plus, let’s remember that the general permissiveness of today’s society has left professional moralists with little else to be outraged about without being immediately dismissed as bigoted or out of touch.

3 Likes

Under 18s have virtually zero capacity to consent to sexual activity with adults. None. This is not up for debate.

I disagree. The most common age of consent in the US is 16. That includes adults as well as fellow teens, except for those adults who have authority over them, i.e. teachers, coaches, etc.

3 Likes

adults who have authority over them, i.e. teachers, coaches, etc.

You literally made my point asshole. Even in states where the consenting age is 16, in practice it’s really 18. The only time 16 and 17 year olds interact with adults 20 or older regularly is when they are siblings, relatives, or adults with authority over them. And sexual relationships with those parties is criminalized until 18. So defacto age of consent is fucking 18.

Many of my friends had older brothers/sisters, there were adults at my after/before school job and we had neighbors. Lots of adults available to fuck if I had wished. Oh, I didn’t start at 16, I started at 14. Shame on me. :rofl:

And this is a polite forum, so please leave the insults at home, sphincter.

2 Likes

You’re going to have a coronary when you discover there’s a world outside of America.

3 Likes

Has this poor guy never seen a Starbucks, mid afternoon, on a school day? The clientele is mostly rich corporate business types (mostly male), teenagers (mostly female), and a few creative romantic outsider Lord Byron wanna bes (mostly me). Interactions galore, no legal problems.

2 Likes

A good chunk of the world is run be pedophiles. From prince andrew to the pope. So i’m not fucking surprised.

That Lord Byron line gave me a laugh this afternoon, so thank you.

1 Like

Guess we have some QAnon here as well lol

2 Likes

teenagers (mostly female)

Yeah, 18 and 19 year olds, not 17 or 15 year olds you god damn fucking retard

Guess we have some QAnon here as well lol

Stop consuming MSM bullshit. They are a cover. We have a literal PEDOPHILE as president right now. If you dont think pedophiles are the most privileged group in the world, you are kidding yourself. They RUN this world.

If we run the world then why do things suck so much for us?

1 Like

Anybody want to take bets on exactly when this guy gets to the inevitable racist/anti-Semitic/Islamophobic tirade?

Once again, it looks like he’s never been to Starbucks. But I guess they don’t have them in his trailer park, or wherever he is that all middle and high school girls are remedial 18 and 19 year olds.

4 Likes

Yeah, cause starbucks is such a great place to start dates. GTFO here with that. Virtually every dating app is 18+ regardless on where you live. Since authority figures are banned from having sex with 16 and 17 year olds, we can safely say the effective age of consent is 18 everywhere. The 16 and 17 just means if you happen to find an adult who is NOT an authority figure over you and NOT crossing state lines, in theory it’s possible to interact and avoid legal consequences. BUT IN THEORY ONLY.

This forum is infested with pro offending fuckers and im in no mood.

1 Like