I just googled loli hentai in the UK without a VPN, am i fucked?

So i was just spending the last few nights downloading quite a bunch of loli content using drive ( thats linked to my google acc) and MEGA.

Its mostly Jap games, and in my chase for translations i also ended up inputting “loli” or “loli x hentai game” into google.

Ended up picking some jp torrents as well.

In my mind not only theres a VERY clear distinction between loli hentai =/ CP, but im also an immigrant in the UK and i had the muscle memory that its the same here as the rest of the world= legal.

Only when i saw the google warning, and when trying i saw one of the mega users i tried to download from got his account shut down and his ip reported to the authorities message it clicked with me and i started to panic.

Apparently they DO lump up together drawn art with real life pictures of child abuse and sentence together for it. ( Madness i think)
So on that basis i have no doubt.

I probably have googled it before in the two years ive been at my adress before and didn’t even realize it, and nothing happened.

Ive seen the popular arrest case from 2014 in the uk of a man being convicted only for loli content but it seemed extreme and it seemed they wanted only to throw someone under the bus.

Ive found almost no simmilar cases being reported in media at least.
But how likely is it that ill get a house visit/have my devices siezed and searched for the contents?

Should i literally purge/delete/throw away my pc drives/phone and expect a knock on the door anytime?

Or is it more sensible and its a case of a law not really enforced, and how others have stated unless someone tips you off or youve done something illegal already you wont be found?

I guess my main question is if google would flag me searching for terms like “loli, loli hentai, loli x fetish hentai” and visiting H sites containing but not dedicated to loli, and tip me off to the authorities to look into it.

Im certainly going to be much more careful from now on but i literally just spent 5 hours in a row reading about it, im super anxious and shaking, and won’t be able to sleep at all.

So again, should i be concerned and wipe/throw everything out or am i over exaggerating and its not likely to happen? UK region only.

1 Like

I’ve imported nude loli dakimakuras into the UK without any issues and nobody has ever visited me.

Honestly, I think you’re probably worrying over nothing.

There’s probably some kind of prerequisite required beforehand - like asking your ISP if there’s any Tor traffic on your IP logged.

2 Likes

You’re gonna be fine.

Google is a US-based company where such materials are excluded from the definition of CP both as precedent and by Federal law (see Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition and 18 USC 2256) and do not meet the relevant criteria for CSAM.

Contrary to some unfounded accounts with questionable sources, they don’t seem to report cartoons or forms of fiction in countries where they are criminalized.

If you’re concerned over this, just remember to use your VPN.

5 Likes

Based on some quick research I did, Google only seems to give information about people’s searches to law enforcement when they file a warrant for said information. Unless police are specifically targeting you or decide to sink millions of dollars into investigating everyone who has searched for lolicon recently (keeping mind that plenty of those people may have searched that for research or other innocuous reasons), there’s no reason they would do that

1 Like

for the purpose of pleasuring one self seems pretty innocuous too as far as motivations go

2 Likes

I mean I agree, but certain lawmakers would rather use CSAM laws to protect fictional characters than real children

2 Likes

Too true. Seriously, too true: