Is the age gap in the movie Call Me By Your Name problematic, predatory or pedophilic?

Congrats on attending a thoughtful and progressive school. I doubt most are like that. Certainly not mine, although that was nearly 50 years ago. I think what @PedroHPF was referring to was maturity. And I think he is right about that.

1 Like

I’m sorry your education was so severely lacking. Kids should know all of this way before they even hit puberty.

Thoughtful and progressive would be teaching kids about sex and consent all the way through their time in school, not waiting until just before they turn 18 to teach them.

4 Likes

Lol, this person is kinda literally defending that he
somehow magically turned into a total different person when he left the edge of 17 and went to his 18’s … And I guess for him it would be totally fine to someone who’s at his 60’s actually dating a person who just turned 18, but two young man; one at the edge of 17 and other at his early 20’s dating on a fictional movie (again where both actors who played the characters were adults and both characters were above the age of consent where the story takes place) is the most descripable thing ever!! It just doesn’t make any sense to me…

3 Likes

But that’s just it. In and of itself, there is nothing with wrong with an 18-year-old and a 60-year-old. The specific circumstances might change things, but with that factor alone, it’s fine.

2 Likes

I quite agree that it should be done much earlier. Preferably before puberty. My school just showed the girls the films on menstruation and the boys got jack shi— I mean nothing.

2 Likes

That makes no difference at all. Even 16 is at least 6 years too late.

2 Likes

Yes, I know. But what meant is that in terms of maturity etc, there is almost no difference from someone in the late 17s to 18s, that’s what I said. But if you only care about those concepts defined in the law, 17-year-olds can legally consent to the location where the film takes place and the two actors are adults (I can’t take anymore having to keep repeating this here, it’s already getting annoying and monotonous)

Yeah! How dare countries have their own laws that don’t conform to American standards! *shakes fist*

…like, seriously?

5 Likes

I realized from your comment that you have no problem with repeating yourself all the time, but I do. I will not repeat myself, you seemingly refuse to have any discussion going deeper into this subject and just keep repeating this same thing. I honestly am not obliged to have to talk to people like you who can’t think even a little bit out of your own bubble or think a little bit rationally about something, or review your preconceived ideas. So, please stop contaminating this thread with your nonsense!! Bye!

1 Like

We are not discussing about 17 year old anime characters or even 17 year old CGI characters. Dumbfuck. We are talking about real minors.

A MINOR, IS A MINOR, IS A MINOR. REAL 17 YEAR OLDS ARE MINORS, IS A MINOR

And 17 year olds can legally fuck people in Italy. Deal with it.

4 Likes

and most US states as well.

3 Likes

You haven’t actually read anything I’ve written, have you? The actor who plays the character WAS NOT 17 years old, he’s an adult, in this case he was 20 years old when he made the movie !!! I already said this here hundreds of times!!!

2 Likes

And we come to personal attacks. Time to report.

4 Likes

Funny how he missed his main argument and then appealed for cursing me. Also funny how he says “fuck off” when he was the one who entered the category that I created in a discussion that he seems not to have idea of ​​what it is exactly about…saying a lot of nonsense. “I’m done wasting my time with you”. Well, so am I !!!

Hey, @Meagan and @terminus can you please remove this troll from the forum?

2 Likes

I’m not a “pro_contact pedophile”, I’m not even a pedophile. Stop lying!!!

Except that Italy doesn’t consider them to be minors here. This may surprise you, but American law doesn’t apply to countries outside of America.

3 Likes

16 year olds in the UK can legally fuck anyone 16 or over. (Edit: With the obvious exception of teachers.)

1 Like

They’re right, there are some exceptions where AoC is 18 which wouldn’t apply in this situation but AoC is 16 in the UK.

1 Like