Is the book "Boys will be boys" considered CSEM/ CSAM?

In the online discussion about Michael Jackson’s case, there is a lot of talk about this book, because it was found among the singer’s belongings.I saw some pictures that were in this book, some were bizarre and very explicit others had nothing inherently wrong, but it still seemed strange to me that anyone would want to own it. But I don’t know much about this book, not the author or anything, it’s an old book. So, that’s why I’m asking this here. Have any of you have heard about this book? And can any of you tell me if it is considered and/or fits the necessary “requirements” be considered CSEM?

I don’t know, but I will be able to answer your questions in 4-8 days. I found a copy at a thrift book site and ordered it. The reviewers suggested that using it in Michael Jackson’s trial was completely without merit.

1 Like

Oh, ok. Let me know what you thought then

From what I’ve seen there’s nothing explicit there, it’s well established that nude photography of children is entirely legal. Given its in the British library and countless university libraries I’d say that’s generally agreed on.

1 Like

I understand, but I still find it problematic for someone to own this type of book as a personal asset (my opinion!) considering that there were pictures of nude children there.

Depends on the country you are in. The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) has long agreed that nudity, even of children, is not obscene. However, if the pictures are sexual in any way, then all hell will break loose.

1 Like

Don’t 99% of Americans consider all nudity to be sexual, though?

2 Likes

Yes, they do. However, SCOTUS recognized that was not actually true.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m surprised people haven’t started smashing those weird peeing boy statues. Or atleast petitionined for there removal.

1 Like