Making it illegal to look at children in public for sexual arousal?

On twitter, there appears to be a large amount of people who support making it a felony to look at children in public for sexual arousal or sexually gratification.

I’m not talking about fake children, I’m talking about real children. So this is something you should be open to. We already have anti peeping tom laws. But what if we extend these laws to encompass those who look at children in public to arouse themselves sexually?

As far as enforceability, it’s going to be impossible. But merely having a criminal statue should be a deterrent to someone who looks at children with intent to get off sexually.

So… I am proposing a following statue.

NRS 502.59 Visual Sexual Aggression against children under 14.
Anyone who is 18 or older who deliberately looks at a child under the age of 14, including in a public setting where privacy is not normally protected, and is aware that such child is more likely than not to be under the age of 14, with the sole intent to arouse or gratify themselves sexually, is guilty of a class F Felony or a class A Misdemeanor. If a camera was used to photograph the child, it shall be a class D Felony.

Your cancerous fantasy life about punishing imaginary offenders should be strafed by a fleet of Messerschmitts officially ordered by the legitimate Nazi government of your fantasy world.

6 Likes

As you correctly point out, it would be unenforceable. How would anyone know if I am “lusting in my heart”? We have too many stupid, unenforceable, unnecessary and idiotic laws on the books now. Let’s not waste any time on more of them.

Oh, I can do plenty of perving with pictures on the internet, if I want. Just sayin’.

Laws need not be unenforceable to have value. The main merit to law is deterrence. Even if a law is completely unenforceable, if it has a deterrent value, it is justified for that reason.

Oh, I can do plenty of perving with pictures on the internet, if I want. Just sayin’.

It’s already a crime in the UK to do so for sexual gratification or arousal even if the images are innocent.

This makes absolutely no sense. So someone looks at a child and the police will have to be called to arrest the person?It doesn’t make sense. How are you going to know if someone is looking at the child for “sexual gratification”? And how are you going to prove that the person was even looking at the child? Twitter is full of crazy, hysterical people when it comes to CSA and pedophilia. It’s impressive…

3 Likes

As I said, we need less stupid laws.

1 Like

How are you going to know if someone is looking at the child for “sexual gratification”?

So it turns out that in Iran and Yemen they actually have a law like this, except it’s based on gender rather than age, so it’s not a made up law, I just want it implemented here and modify it so it’s based on age rather than gender.

Not sure really, I don’t intend this law to be enforceable. Just to be a deterrent. But it might be enforceable. The way it could be enforceable is we determine the intent of the offender based on how he or she is looking at the child, the circumstances surrounding the offender’s activity. Other things such as the age of attraction of the offender also plays a role. If every time the child passes the offender, he or she stares at the child, or a child of a particular gender or age range, that is pretty damning evidence.

“If you make ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law” -Winston Churchill

This clown seems to be the living embodiment of Twitter…

3 Likes
  1. How would anyone know this?

2. What if someone just happened to be looking in a kid’s direction? I stare off at random spots when thinking for example.

This sounds like a good say to arrest people for no reason. Thoughts are being criminalized, and people who didn’t even have those thoughts can be arrested because someone else thinks they’re lying about their thoughts… Or at least spread nasty rumors that can ruin lives.

The people encouraging this type of stuff aren’t thinking too far ahead.

So, this law incentivizes people to not help children, because most people won’t risk being arrested/having their lives ruined if they see a kid in danger and are too scared someone might take them worrying about a kid the wrong way. If the goal is to actively harm children, however, this is right on the ball.

3 Likes

EASY SOLUTION:

Make it a higher class felony to abandon children.

NRS 602.59 Willful and deliberate abandonment of children resulting in sexual abuse, grievous bodily harm or death.
All citizens of the the state of Nevada shall be imbued with the duty to protect children, whether he or she knows the child, has any relations with the child or not. Anyone who is 25 or older who knowns that a child under the age of 14 is in a significant risk of suffering a sexual assault and or grievous bodily harm, and willfully and knowingly abandons his or her duty to protect the child, shall be guilty of a class D Felony. If the child suffers death as a result of abandonment, shall be guilty of a class C felony.

… So on one hand, you can go to prison if someone thinks you looked at a kid the wrong way, and on the other, you go to prison if you abandon a kid because of the aforementioned law.

This sounds like damned if you do, damned if you don’t…

EDIT: I think this just sends the message, “If you see a kid… Mind your own damn business.”

People are going to start saying, “I didn’t think anything of it” or “I didn’t even realize there was a kid there.” Personally I see people pretending to have been distracted and not paying attention, because they’re kind of screwed regardless of what they do here.

3 Likes

Where’s the victim? How would you enforce that?

I’d like to see them try and stop me.

1 Like

Where’s the victim? How would you enforce that?

Real children have the right to not be seen as a sexual object by anyone. It MIGHT be enforceable by using circumstantial evidence. If the circumstantial evidence is sufficient, require the accused to prove themselves innocent. If they fail, GUILTY.

I’d like to see them try and stop me.

You’d be making a terrible mistake. Do not become an offending pedophile.

Ah yes “guilty until proven innocent”. Can you prove to me that you’re innocent?

How are they hurt by it? How are they aware of it? How does it in any way affect them assuming it goes no further than looking?

4 Likes

How are they hurt by it? How are they aware of it? How does it in any way affect them assuming it goes no further than looking?

They are hurt by it because children should not be seen as a sexual object by anyone.

Ah yes “guilty until proven innocent”. Can you prove to me that you’re innocent?

If an adult dates a 13 year old and starts holding hands, yes, it’s up to the adult to prove he was holding her hand for an innocent reason. If the circumstances strongly point to a sexual desire, it’s up to him to prove himself innocent through clear and convincing evidence. If he can’t convince the jury at this point, he deserves to be convicted.

If it’s a doctor visit and the 13 year old held hands with the doctor while getting a shot, obviously the circumstances strongly point to innocent behavior so in this instance it should be up to the plaintiff to prove him guilty meaning he was touching the child’s hand for sexual arousal.

That didn’t answer the question. Are children psychic?

No, it needs to be proven that it was not innocent.

Prove to me that you’re innocent. Prove to me that you haven’t committed a murder. Prove to me that you haven’t committed rape. Prove to me that you haven’t looked at a child sexually. If you can’t I’ll just have to assume you’re guilty.

4 Likes

You can take your third-world theocracies and shove them up your backside.

3 Likes

If you search my name on Twitter, you’ll find there is also a large amount of people who support having me arrested and/or murdered for writing science fiction stories with teenage girls in them. It’s called mob mentality or mass hysteria and is a serious emotional illness. Needless to say, no civilized society passes laws based on such foolishness.

6 Likes

What is your @ on twitter? I wanted to follow you

1 Like

I don’t have a personal account, since they get mass reported into oblivion, but the new one for my upcoming movie and related projects is @DRumanosSciFi

The same handle on Instagram and Daniel Rumanos Sci-Fi page on Facebook.

3 Likes