Should Prostasia do something about The Post Millennial?

For the third time The Post Millennial portal published a defamatory article about Prostasia, this time about the recent article on online ageplay.
This obviously will and is already generating a new wave of attacks against the organization.
Furthermore, the editor of The Millennial Post “Andy Ngô” is using his twitter account to amplify all this defamation against Prostasia and to attack @Meagan and @terminus, and he has almost 1 million followers.
Looking at Jeremy trying to clarify things in the twitter replies it is clear that debating with these people is impossible. So I wonder if it would be necessary to take significant actions against them.
But I can’t think of what. Reporting them on social media platforms? I don’t know if that would be enough to stop them. Sue them for libel? I don’t know how the laws work about this in the US, but it would be a more effective path than the previous one in my opinion, still a very complicated think to do and the chances and consequences of a failure have to be seriously considered.Make new videos and articles clarifying things? It could reach more people, however the organization has tried to do it several times, but it never fully works because people just don’t want to listen.
Anyway, what do you guys think? Should stronger actions be taken against these people or is this just a waste of time? If so, what actions come to your mind?
The reason for my concern is not only because of what is happening now, but also thinking about the future. These people will never stop attacking Prostasia simply because the topic which it deals with generates a lot of moral panic in people in general, therefore more “clicks” for them, and therefore more money for them.
If this continues the way it is, the work that is done by the organization will become impossible, so I think that’s where the need to do something about it comes.

2 Likes

do you have an article link? I’m not aware of this “new” (?) article

1 Like

Sigh…

Herein lies the the problem with trying to honestly engage with bad faith actor’s.

I don’t know what Prostasia should do, and I don’t know if they have the means to pursue legal action, but making more videos/articles is probably the wrong approach. The only way such media would reach that audience would be through hacks like Andy Ngo, and only after they’ve perverted and misrepresented it beyond all recognition.

3 Likes

I do love when the author says quote:

"There are contradictions between a few sections of the Prostasia blog post."

before listing zero contradictions whatsoever.

7 Likes

I think that calling out media organizations that appeal to stigma and misinformation is beyond Prostasia’s mission. There will always be people who would rather feel good about themselves than pay attention to what actually protects children and minorities, and they’re never going to support Prostasia. Our job is to keep fighting to do what’s right regardless of what they think

1 Like

nevermind. It popped up on my twitter feed

And now Jack Posobiec has waded in with an idiotic tweet. I blocked him immediately. 1.5 million followers without a single original thought in their heads. https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1476779830364549132?t=HzPZoIPNlIpaH1iQnkFVIQ&s=19

1 Like

:exploding_head: 1.5 million followers. (yay free advertising!)

2 Likes

It’s working

1 Like

Hey, if there is a good chance to win the lawsuit, what’s some free money? Of course, this might just be being vindictive, as I am.

1 Like

lawsuits are fucking expensive (both costing a lot of money and also a lot of time)

1 Like

I don’t believe they should be given any attention. Prevention continues regardless of these fearmongers. Calling out or responding to these asshats will do nothing more than spread their message for them.

3 Likes

I think it’s important to remember that sh*t like this is overall a good sign. If articles like this were not released, it would mean that either Prostasia feeds the moral panic at the cost of children like so many other advocacy groups and organizations, or that their message was ineffectual and does not reach anyone.

I’d agree with @TNF_13 – you can’t argue with them, they made up their mind years before they even heard of you. Ignore them and weather the storm, next week they will be outraged at something different while you remain. There is also a real danger that trying to do something against this could just make things worse, like a kind of Streisand effect.

3 Likes

Exactly, actually right after I published this topic here, I was thinking that there could also be this consequence, especially if Prostasia team tried to take legal action against them over this.

I know this conversation ended but this is relevant and I’m too lazy to start a new thread. I used an archive link so they don’t get ad views.
https://archive.ph/6oC4t

1 Like

“New York Post” and “The Federalist” should tell you everything you need to know about the credibility of this puff-piece.

2 Likes

It’s not even a puff piece, the entire second half is just one big quote from our article. It’s literally just repeating what we said and expecting people to get angry

3 Likes