Stop using the fucking word MAP

You don’t seem to get the hint from all the angry comments that people don’t like the word MAP, and it is actually making things worse, as they assume you’re a fucking apologist for NAMBLA. Just use pedophillic interests and full-blown pedophilia.

90% of pedophiles use the word pedophile 90% of the time anyway. Some people got used to using MAP, because they use it a lot.

And when we are referring to sexual attraction towards post-pubescent teens, then what? There are memes about the “Actually it’s hebephilia” person and it’s not a better look than saying “MAP”. How do we talk about MAP Support Club? Talking about this topic is never going to make us popular, and that’s not our intention either.

4 Likes

If we want to destigmatize people, we have to use new words that don’t carry stigma. The word “MAP” was pointed by APA. The word “MAP” i not only about pedophiles, but about anyone who is attracted to minors.

Pedophilia is attraction ony to prepubescent people, so if you are attracted to minors from other age groups, then you are not a pedophile, but you are maybe hebephile or ephebophile.

The word “MAP” is just umbrella term. Here is what the umbrella term includes: Minor-attracted person - Wikipedia

When i make articles about MAPs (i use other sites for now, and when my sites are done, i will use them, too), i don’t say “pedophiles”, but i use new words that carry lest stigma, such as boylover, girllover, MAP. childlover, etc…

The goal is to use words that carry less to no stigma, so the words can’t be used as an insult, right? The word “pedophile” simply carries a ot of stigma, and people who are labeled “pedophile” are stigmatized and marginalized immediately. It will take time until the pop-culture start using the new words, and the stigma decreases. It will take time, and it will happen.

If you are labeled “pedophile”, you might lose friends, social support, job, etc… so, it’s better to not use the word “pedophile”.

2 Likes

There :clap: Is :clap: No :clap: Such :clap: Thing :clap: As :clap: Ephebophilia :clap:

Whenever the term MAP is used, it is exclusively used to refer to 13s and under. I have never, ever, ever seen the term actually used to refer to ephebophiles. Ever. Not in any community. Not anywhere. I don’t even think ephebophilia exists.

What the term “ephebophilia” does do is it makes people paranoid about someone trying to “normalize” pedophilia, because it makes it sound as if it’s some new trendy identity. They know it isn’t an orientation. I know this. You know this. And they start obsessing over 18 year olds who look like 17 year olds when it has nothing to do with that.

Ephebophelia, teleiophilia, pedophilia, etc are all respected and well-regarded terms. As uncomfortable as the subject matter may be, it really isn’t my fight since I’m not a MAP. But, from an outsider looking in, I don’t really see a problem with the word MAP, although the phrase “non-offending pedophile” might be more desirable, especially for others.

But again, not my fight.

3 Likes

What is this? Ephebophilia - Wikipedia.

I no longer listen to what people say. It seems that the pop-culture distorts absolutely everything. The word “pedophilia” doesnt mean anything anymore. This word is used to describe, not what it really means, but anyone. For example, if you are 20 years old, and you like 17 years old, then you are a pedophile. In fact, pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent people, and at 17, you are no longer prepubescent. Words are losing meaning, because people dont know how to use these words.

And these anti-pedophilia paranoid people who believe Hillary Clinton is part of satanic blood-sucking, canibalistic, pedophilic cult, are the same people who believe in the QAnon misinformation campaign. These claims are debunked, so i don’t listen to paranoid people who use “#SaveTheChildren” and “#PedoJoe” hashtags, and more hashtags that just expose the fact these people believe in laughable things that can’t even be true. I listen only to reasonable people! I want to listen to evidence, i want to follow the evidence.

1 Like

Humans are inherently irrational.

2 Likes

Im not a robot that can turn off emotions, im emotional, too, of course! But im open-minded free thinker, and i follow the evidence. I prefer to not listen to unproven claims.

2 Likes

“MAP” was coined by B4UACT and adopted by professionals. Lots of people who were uncomfortable with the term “paedophile” chose to use MAP instead, and it came to be a general term for the community, which includes more than just paedophiles.

I don’t care in the slightest whether people outside of the community like the term MAP, and realistically they don’t care if I use MAP or paedophile they’ll still accuse me of “normalising paedophilia” and “promoting CSA”.

MAP is an accurate descriptive term that a lot of people feel more comfortable using. As a community we don’t win by trying to appeal to our oppressors.

1 Like

To be fair, only people in the United Kingdom write it paedophile, the rest of the world writes it as pedophile. Nitpicking, sorry.

1 Like

FYI, the US ≠ the rest of the world

1 Like

Right on!

Though I am British; in my downloaded version of Krafft-Ebing’s ‘Psychopathia Sexualis’ (which is understood to be the source of the term) it is spelt paedophilia - and he was Austrian/German.

However, as I have mentioned elsewhere on Prostasia he didn’t use this term in isolation, as it is today. Instead he felt it necessary to qualify this “condition” as ‘Paedophilia Erotica’. And that’s presumably because as a Greek & Latin scholar; he didn’t understand the word paedophilia on its own as having any sexual connotations.