A non-carceral approach to child sexual abuse material

“New London had ‘shown a rational basis for the policy.’”
Provides zero elaboration

1 Like

I am familiar with this idea. The prevailing attitude is that very smart individuals will not do well with the lack of stimulation of a regular patrol officer’s beat. Which is fine, until you promote them to detective. Then they are bloody useless. They are still “above average.” Of course, anyone with an IQ of 120 or more will run rings around them. :smile:

3 Likes

We should stigmatize cp viewers behaviors and attractions and try to cure them. This is the companionate approach. This works.

The article you’re replying to provides numerous sources of evidence that stigma and the resulting lack of support causes CSAM viewers to continue engaging in harmful behavior. Do you have a source refuting this?

Of what and how?

According to what reputable source?

5 Likes

No, it doesn’t. Here are some sources that point to the contrary:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1079063218797713

5 Likes

Stigmatizing people creates the problems, I was talking about stigmatizing their “attractions” as a necessity.

Cure them of pedophilia. Romania tried that in the late 1999s, unfortunately it resulted in the convicted csam possessors getting additional mental problems like ptsd, which doesn’t help produce happy and productive citizens. We are trying it again as of 2020s, but without nonsense like electricity shocks, etc. we are going through a much more compassionate route this time.

You want a source? I don’t need to provide one. There isn’t enough data that it doesn’t work

You automatically stigmatize people when you stigmatize something innate. Stigma enables abuse.

There’s no compassionate way to forcibly change someone’s sexuality. Conversion therapy is torture. That is established. If you’re claiming otherwise, you need strong sources to back it up.

Then why on earth should I take you seriously? You obviously have no interest in protecting children if you think following your emotional response is an acceptable approach to making decisions that could put millions of kids at an increased risk.

You want a debate? You want to protect children? Put in the work. Several people here would be more than happy to help you find research on all these topics. You can’t hope to prevent abuse when you know nothing about how and why it occurs and what works to reduce the risk.

5 Likes

Your source only proves stigma towards researchers, or treating mental illness like being a pedo with active assaulters causes harm. It does NOT prove that disapproval of a persons “sexuality” as immoral causes harm.

Conversion therapy is a reference to lgbt people being forced to give up their gender identity of trying to change sexuality in terms of attraction based on gender. It says nothing on changing someone’s attractions to LITERAL CHILDREN.

This ‘charity” has been called out by the likes of shoeinhead and many others. I will think I will trust the medical community of my country that wants to experiment on convicted csam possessors than a rogue group like prostasia as to whether the attraction to children can be modified or dampened humanely and safely. Hopefully we can get some results before the eu shuts us down (again).

Are these “experiments” being done with or without their consent? Because if it’s without that is HIGHLY unethical and immoral

4 Likes

“In some cases, stigma can even increase a MAP’s risk of offending.” Not sure how it could be any more clear.

Call it whatever you want; attempting to change someone’s attractions is proven to be harmful and ineffective, no matter who the victim is. I believe someone already gave you a source for this, so I’ll let you go read that.

If you trust YouTube personalities over published studies in reputable journals, your opinion carries no weight to anyone involved in prevention.

Do you even have a single study to back up your claims? Even a newspaper article? Anything besides your imagination?

4 Likes

I think you know they don’t care. People like this would rather use children as pawns to “purge the world of degenerates” than actually protect anyone.

4 Likes

the only thing that comes out of that nazi’s mouth is word vomit and nothing of any factual substance. Goodbye troll. If you decide that you actually give a shit about doing something to prevent CSA, feel free to come back

edit: I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re one of those “facts don’t care about your feelings” crowd, and ironically the only thing you give a shit about is your feelings. LOL

6 Likes

Finally have an excuse to use this, so thanks for that, at least

5 Likes

For possessors? It’s done with their consent. As a suspended sentence condition. If they don’t want the treatment they can always go to jail instead.
This experiment is more of a trial and they randomly select offenders to have participation as a probation requirement.

This charity has been called out by many other professional orgs. Not just personalities. Exposing the Dangerous Movement to Normalize Pedophilia as a Sexual Orientation - Exodus Cry

https://childprotectionresource.online/tag/prostasia/

If all that’s required is an article, then I guess Exodus Cry can’t be trusted either

I’d also suggest you look through this. It addresses a lot of the misinformation floating around.

4 Likes

As a sex worker rights supporter (and as a disabled person that most likely will have to resort to sex work myself once I am no longer able to financially rely on my parents to survive) Exodus Cry is a despicable anti-sex worker organization. They don’t give a shit about children. They want sex workers dead.

4 Likes

Do you take issue with, for example, the many autistic people who also call ABA “conversion therapy,” as it is also an attempt to abusively “fix” a feature of ourselves which is harmless but socially stigmatized? (how we define the term–and a more consistent/logical definition too, IMO)

(not to mention the shared histories regarding how they were founded. and if you do your research, you will also find large ties between psychiatric assaults on pedophiles and psychiatric assaults on nonmap queers.)

You have zero place raging against queer conversion therapy if you believe having “mental illness” is immoral, or if you support your country’s medical community and its medical abuse.

If I were you I would also look up psych’s sexual violence toward non-conforming and criminal children for the sake of “morality.” You stand by the very monsters you claim to despise.

That’s not “consent.” People cannot consent to such “experimentation” when coerced. “I’m saying yes because the alternative is jail and I don’t want to go to jail” is not “consent.” (That’s not even getting into the power dynamics that are inherent to the medical-industrial complex even under less drastic conditions, plus of course lack of informed consent because they are lying.)

You support fascists and you support states and you support medical institutions and you support prisons. You support abuse and assault and torture. Your proposals are incredibly violent and inhumane. You are the abuse apologist here. Own it.

3 Likes

There is no known cure for pedophilia: Inside the Mind of a Pedophile – Neuroanthropology

Therapy is supposed to prevent pedophiles from offending against children, but it doesn’t “cure” them. That would be like trying to turn a homosexual into a heterosexual.

Also, when you say “we are trying it again” or “we are going through a more compassionate route”, who’s “we”? Are you treating pedophiles? I hope not.

You’re refusing to provide a source either because you don’t really care about the conversation or you don’t understand what you’re talking about. Currently, I think it’s the latter.

There’s no shame in not understanding a particular subject. No one is an expert at everything. There’s a lot of things that I don’t know or don’t understand.

We encourage you to do more research on the subject instead of being ignorant about it. That’s why we are willing to provide you with some sources. If you want to be taken seriously, you should back up your claims.

A lot of hysteria surrounding pedophilia comes from people who are ignorant on the subject or have little to no understanding of it. It’s not based on evidence, it’s based on feelings and morals.

Also, when people say that it’s “common sense” to hate or stigmatize pedophiles (or to find lolicon disgusting and criminalizing it), that’s just an excuse for them to stay ignorant on the subject.

You can lose your job or get murdered if someone suspects you of being a pedophile:

https://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/parents-dont-believe-men-should-be-working-in-childcare/news-story/97b0eee9607c4983107e79c1f2d3d20e

“Expecting a credible source? TOO BAD. WALUIGI TIME.

Shoe0nHead is NOT a credible source:

Dr. Alaric Naudé is another person that called out Prostasia that also shouldn’t be considered a credible source:

Does any of that mean Prostasia is free from criticism? No, of course not. However, there are a lot of false or misleading claims regarding Prostasia that are circulating, none of which help protecting children.

You’re talking about this, right? Romanian MP wants chemical castration law for pedophiles | Romania Insider

I’m sure it has nothing to do with this:

“Who cares about making sure that pedophiles don’t commit offences against minors by giving them therapy or support, when you can just chemically castrate them, am I right?”

Nailed it!

6 Likes

While a lower risk of offending is a side effect of therapy for many MAPs, some recent guidance for mental health professionals suggests that the best way to achieve that outcome is by focusing on building self-acceptance and addressing the impacts of stigma. This doc just covers the basics but it’s very recent and is a great summary for those who want to learn more about effective therapy.

6 Likes