Butterfly Kisses Oakland screening preview

Originally published at: https://prostasia.org/blog/butterfly-kisses-oakland-screening-preview/

Butterfly Kisses, directed by Rafael Kapelinski and starring Theo Stevenson as Jake, is a haunting and thought provoking coming of age story with a twist, that Prostasia Foundation will be screening in Oakland on August 18. Although there is no getting around the darkness of the film’s subject matter, it also manages to be unexpectedly…

1 Like

Has anyone else here watched the film?

I watched it after seeing the screening announcement, knowing I wouldn’t be able to make it to Oakland, and found it profoundly moving and thought-provoking.

I won’t spoil the movie or the discussion by front-loading my thoughts here — I’ve now watched it several more times, and largely agree with the review above — but would love to hear any and all other opinions.

(For those struggling with where to find it, as I did — there are two movies with this name and similar release dates — it’s available exclusively on Flix Premiere, which has a free one-month trial period.)