Children don't exist to fulfill adults’ needs

Originally published at: https://prostasia.org/blog/children-dont-exist-to-fulfill-adults-needs/

Kids are great for making you feel better when adulting sucks. Sure, there are good things about being an adult (chocolate for breakfast, pants-free work-at-home days) but the whole spiel can be pretty stressful. There’s money to worry about, work, the house, the relationships, the whole mortality thing. It can also get pretty lonely—and adults’…

I agree almost wholeheartedly. Adults need to let children think for themselves, and acknowledge their own faults. It’s easy to hate, but difficult to appreciate.

As a kid, I chose to raise myself instead of letting my parents raise me because I was cynical and I didn’t trust people easily because I starting realizing the real world is saddening to me so I felt like I was born in hell when I didn’t ask to be born in hell. Which is why I fought to investigate the real world I lived in without my parents or the government sheltering me from the real world. Because I didn’t want to be treated like a puppet nor a victim in a cruel society that wants to treat me like a work slave for its cruel economy. I think it’s silly how the parents underestimate their children because reality isn’t an innocent fairy tale. Reality is about toddlers fighting each other when they are being aggressively territorial with their toys. Humans aren’t meant to be innocent. Life allowed humans to live because humans have aggressive survival instincts that make them territorial. Which is why there’s a reason for people having monogamous marriages because they are being aggressively territorial in their relationships. This is why it’s hard for the people to legalize polygamy in most countries. Males marked their territories by making countries through wars to gain political power. This is why it’s hard for the people to experience peace and happiness when males are causing conflict in the real world with their poisonous masculinity. Children automatically have survival instincts to make sure humans don’t go extinct because life is about surviving regardless of morality. These survival instincts make children inevitably competitive to survive, which has caused children to bully each other. People are flawed animals that like to do what they want to do. There’s a reason why most parents don’t know how to handle a highly intelligent child that’s very unpredictable, very emotional, and has a lot of potential. Because societies usually have people who have average I.Q.s and relatively predictable behaviors that adhere to societal expectations. That makes highly intelligent children who are very unpredictable and very creative feel ostracized and feel misunderstood by societies. Albert Einstein was ostracized by German society because Albert Einstein had unconventional thinking because he was a genius probably. Geniuses are more likely to have unconventional thinking that’s strange and unpleasant to “normal” people. Jim Morrison was ostracized by American politicians because his unconventional rock music was against America’s societal expectations even though Jim Morrison had above average intelligence and made his unconventional rock music have intellectual substance because his mind was unpredictable enough to make innovative ideas. Edward Snowden was ostracized by some political people because Edward was too smart to be easily fooled by America’s online surveillance culture. Marilyn Manson was ostracized by the American people because Marilyn Manson’s music was harsh even though Marilyn Manson has above average intelligence and has the intellectual capacity to make unconventional music that is superior and more innovative than what “normal” people are making today. Other than that, I find that children can exist to make the education system, healthcare system, infrastructure, and economy thrive in the future once children become adults. So, children could fulfill adults’ needs that way. I would argue that Scandinavians do the best job at parenting. Scandinavian children are usually healthy, educated, sane enough, and practical. Scandinavian parents let their children learn about freedom, responsibility, sex, the real world, how to have fun, and other things. Average American parents have a tendency to put their children in the dark in a pretentious way to protect their children.

1 Like