Gold Award: Improving Community Safety by Providing Treatment to a Highly Marginalized Clinical Population

I suppose when we try to cure cancer, it too is called “conversion therapy” too? Of course we should have compassion for MAPs, they didn’t make the choice to be born fucked up.

Yeah sure let’s “show compassion” to homosexuals by introducing them to a series of trials where we suppress a part of a person’s psychology and coerce them into a different sexual orientation through chemical castration and hormonal treatment because we don’t like the idea of gay people existing. I’m sure this won’t cause any long-term adverse effects on the person’s psychological, mental, and physical state that would inevitably lead to a highly distressed individual exploding and causing self-destructive harm to themselves and the people that surround them.

Now apply that same logic to pedophiles. Let me reiterate: Pedophiles, not sex abusers. Just like any homosexual is a normal human being, so are pedophiles who are born with their attraction to children, and any normal human being would know children are incapable of consenting no matter what laws are in place. So they try and find ways within the boundaries of the law that remains healthy for them as long as it doesn’t involve harming another person. If they feel at risk of offending, there are support services available, albeit limited.

Now let’s repress their psychological state. A mentally repressed and unstable individual who is now at further risk of harming themselves and potentially others. Congratulations, you’ve succeeded in turning a normal individual into a ticking time bomb, the one thing you’ve been concerned about all this time.

Let me ask, does that sound like compassion to you?

Stop “assuming” treatment for an individual you don’t understand, get your head out of your ass, and think about the impact on children when they don’t get the proper help they need.

4 Likes

is no different than

“This is literally the only community I have seen that calls treatment to cure homosexuals “conversion therapy”. I suppose when we try to cure HIV/AIDS, it too is called “conversion therapy” too? Of course we should have compassion for gays, they didn’t make the choice to be born fucked up. But lets not call this conversion therapy.”

The focus should be on preventing child sex abuse before it has a chance to occur, not on the sexual fantasies of MAPs or punishing/shaming/stigmatizing them for simply being MAPs when no actual children are put at risk by their behaviors.
You’ll find that, from working with persons on VirPed, as well as countless amounts of research on CSA and pedophilic individuals, that pedophilia and sexual preoccupation alone are not significantly associated with child sex abuse or exploitation.

4 Likes

ayo
you should be friends with Lo
they’re a MAP who also believes in eugenics, I’m sure you two would get along

3 Likes

Calling attempts to cure pedophilia “conversion therapy” does a huge disservice to real conversion therapy survivors. People who are trans and gay who have been place in these “conversion therapy” camps have life long PTSD and phycological problems. It’s phycological torture, full stop. It’s incredibly insulting and it trivializes the horrific nature of conversion ‘therapy’.

You’ll find that, from working with persons on VirPed, as well as countless amounts of research on CSA and pedophilic individuals, that pedophilia and sexual preoccupation alone are not significantly associated with child sex abuse or exploitation.

Ok, there are other factors. Perhaps being a sociopath is a much bigger factor. But the correlative evidence still shows being a pedo is at least a modest correlation. And no gay and trans is not comparable with being a map. Gay and trans rights movement is OUR RIGHT to act on our desires in a healthy manner. For pedos, it’s about making sure these mentally sick individuals keep their own urges to act on their pathology under control while at the same time addressing their mental health.

Part of prevention IMO involves intervention in the womb. Perhaps gene editing fetuses so they are far less likely to express sociopathic or other mobilities that dispose them to commit felonies might be the gold standard of prevention.

You don’t think the same process applies to pedophilic individuals/MAPs who have gone through similar forms of ‘treatment’? There’s a difference between CBT and ‘conversion therapy’, wherein CBT is centered around understanding and controlling your urges, not necessarily treating it like it’s a disease that needs to be ‘cured’.

You don’t think the same logic applies for heterosexual rapists who target vulnerable, young women who cannot physically defend themselves from an attacker?? And what about rapists who target members of the same sex or transgender individuals?? You yourself even admitted that the prime focus of their deviant behavior is psychopathy, not their sexual interests.
What about young men to prefer petite or short women who happen to fit that profile? Would you ascribe that sort of bodily preference as a form of deviance because of that correlation alone? Absolutely not.

It is comparable because they are sexual orientations, whether you choose to accept that fact or not.
Does this mean that it’s okay for MAPs to engage in sexual activity with children? Absolutely not, and healthy MAPs who have a grasp on their urges and desires understand and respect this.

And it’s within a MAPs rights to act on their desires in a healthy manner as well, ie. with fiction, roleplay, dolls, etc. Anything is fine so long as no real children are involved or put at risk.

Furthermore, pedophilia in and of itself is not a sickness. Even the DSM-5 acknowledges a difference between pedophilia and pedophilic disorder, so equating the two does nobody any favors.
Pedophilia, whether you like it or not, is both a paraphilia and a sexual orientation. It cannot be ‘cured’. It cannot be ‘corrected’ or ‘repressed’ or ‘adjusted’ without also causing undue harm to the person with it. Just like the conversion therapy camps run by anti-LGBT groups and churches who used quack psychology to recondition gay men and women into ‘correcting’ their sexual interests to be more in-line with what their cultures demanded of them, expecting pedophilic men and women to react in-kind is as equally as futile.

2 Likes

We’ll call it what it is.

Yep, and that’s exactly what people want to do to us too. Paedophilia is a sexual orientation, any attempts to change or cure it are coversion therapy.

And it’s the same for paedophiles. It’s just as much my right to act on my desires in a healthy manner as it is yours.

People who do rape are more likely to target those they’re attracted to in many cases, but no one attraction is correlated with offending. It is the other factors that are indicative of the chance of offending, not the attraction.

Oof, chronic is right, you really do remind me of Lo.

4 Likes

We’ll call it what it is.

Posts like this regularly get ratio’d on twitter. btw.

And it’s the same for paedophiles. It’s just as much my right to act on my desires in a healthy manner as it is yours.

Give examples of “acting on my desires in a healthy manner”, with non existent and fictional characters that look really young? Yeah I don’t care, but that requires NOT acting on minors. In steep contrast to the LGBT movement which IS ABOUT INTERACTING WITH OTHER REAL GAY ADULTS. This is why it’s difficult to compare maps and lgbt people.

People who do rape are more likely to target those they’re attracted to in many cases, but no one attraction is correlated with offending. It is the other factors that are indicative of the chance of offending, not the attraction.

Uh… yeah? I don’t get the point you are trying to make here.

Yep, and that’s exactly what people want to do to us too. Paedophilia is a sexual orientation, any attempts to change or cure it are coversion therapy.

Maybe the therapy is don’t improperly? There are many therapists who have no business being a therapist. There might be therapies out there that can correct pedophilia to the extent possible without becoming abusive. Maybe they make an exclusive map no longer exclusive? IDK.

But there are some pretty fucking evil ones out there that really should be executed. Such as the case I’ve read about in which they coercively masterbate a minor map in juvi to try to cure them or something. Thus, those therapists become child abusers. Those “therapists” should be executed by firing squad so maybe this is the only thing we will agree on.

Imagine thinking Twitter has valid opinions. What you said is basically like saying “peasants regularly burn people, like this”. Guess what? It’s the peasants who deserve to be burned. Their shithole villages leveled.

Also, there are quite a few adults who can definitely pass for underage.

Conversion therapy is conversion therapy. “Disservice” me, and I’ll disservice you. Never assume that I would ever martyr my own interests for your sensitivities. Why?

1 Like

So? Twitter is not exactly known for intelligent discussion.

In any manner that doesn’t hurt myself or others.

If you understand that then what is the point you were trying to make?

Replace “pedophilia” with “homosexuality” and suddenly that all sounds very familiar.

2 Likes