Gold Award: Improving Community Safety by Providing Treatment to a Highly Marginalized Clinical Population

In fact, earlier research by the clinic suggests that these patterns are not static. In that
study, 21 of 43 patients experienced a significant decrease of sexual arousal in response to pedophilic stimuli and a significant increase of sexual arousal in response to nonpedophilic stimuli. “If verified and replicated, these results will be groundbreaking,” said Dr. Fedoroff, “since it will mean that people with paraphilias can look forward to lives in which they never offend and in which they establish healthy,
noncriminal relationships.”

Dr. Fendoroff earned a Gold Award.

This appears to be what is called “Arousal Conditioning”.

https://ps.psychiatryonline.org/doi/pdf/10.1176/appi.ps.661010

Are we really gonna beat the conversion therapy dead horse again?

4 Likes

No thanks Fedoroff, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, you can go *&£@ yourself if you think I need changing.

They’ll never stop it. Fedoroff certainly won’t given he’s previously written this:

“This article argues that there is no evidence to suggest that sexual interest is different in terms of changeability compared to (for example) interest in vegetarianism, or kale or oysters.”

2 Likes

Whenever I hear people talk about the twitter maps they shit on them and then say “get help” it shows most people believe in conversion therapy for pedophilia. It shows how dumb are opposition is. Pedophilia is basically a sexual orientation because it is born with and cannot be changed.

It is hard for many to hear that but it’s the truth.

2 Likes

Giving pedos therapy to change is what we mean by getting help. Would you rather we say kill you off? Because that would be my attitude a couple years ago.

To change what, paraphilias have the same characterisics of sexual orientations. They cannot be cured.

No it’s not? it’s a literal mental disorder. You are clearly clueless.

K give me some evidence of that

5 Likes

That’s what they told homosexuals 50 years ago. Now being gay is understood to be an orientation.

3 Likes

Yes, because at least that would be honest, you’re not interested in helping paedophiles, you just want paedophiles gone.

4 Likes

No I don’t you fucking idiot. I want them cured so they pedophilia no longer exists. Honestly if crispr9 gets going, IMO we should make a law in which everyone who is pregnant must have gene therapy so their offspring is immune to becoming pedophilic or any other anti social disorder.

Well you cant cure pedophiles right now i guess you really do want them killed?

Also where is your evidence that pedophilia is a mental disorder and not an incurable paraphilia.

2 Likes

Uh. no I don’t want them killed, I’ve made enough posts what I want done with them. The threads telling them to not take up jobs in childcare and to find other occupations.

And no I don’t need to give an SJW evidence that pedophilia is a mental disorder. It’s self evident that it is.

Apparently I’m an sjw now. HMMMMMMMM interesting.

We argue about what the definition of mental disorder is but you said it was not paraphilia and that it was curable. So explain to me how it is not a paraphilia then explain how paraphilias are curable.

1 Like

We don’t understand enough about how to convert pedophiles into teliophiles. But nothing in the laws of physics says we can’t do it. It’s a scientific question, not an ethical one. Most of us don’t care what feminazis think.

Well we understand there is now evidence we can change sexual orientation.

By that logic we can do nearly anything I assume though your not holding your breath for the invention of elon musk anime cat girls.

I’m not a feminazi try making arguments that don’t suck.

1 Like

No it’s not? it’s a literal mental disorder. You are clearly clueless.

No it’s not? It’s a literal sexual orientation. You are clearly clueless.

5 Likes

Well that isn’t happening, so get used to us

2 Likes

Pedophilia isn’t something that can be ‘cured’ like it’s a disease, which it isn’t. It’s a part of someone for life, and though an unfortunate one, it’s one that people are free to engage with, understand, and control however ways they can.

The DSM-5 differentiates paraphilias from paraphilic disorders. Pedophilia is a paraphilia, and pedophilic disorder is a paraphilic disorder. Pedophilia may become pedophilic disorder once the initial diagnostic criteria is met, but they are not the same.

Pedophilia, as a paraphilia, is more akin to a ‘sexual orientation’ than anything else.

6 Likes

This is literally the only community I have seen that calls treatment to cure pedophiles “conversion therapy”. I suppose when we try to cure cancer, it too is called “conversion therapy” too? Of course we should have compassion for MAPs, they didn’t make the choice to be born fucked up. But lets not call this conversion therapy.

Pedophilia is a sexual orientation, therapy which aims to change sexual orientation is conversion therapy- ergo, we call it attempts to “cure” pedophilia through therapy, “conversion therapy”.

The fact that pedophilia is eww icky gross to you, doesn’t mean that we ought to simply ignore the lessons learned from the countless times conversion therapies have been attempted, and subsequently failed.

4 Likes