Kazakhstan will surgically remove paedophiles' genitals under new draft law after complaints that chemical castration was not harsh enough

Hello, it’s been a while since I logged on here.

So, let’s see what’s going on in Kazakhstan:

The procedure would be carried out as punishment for the most serious offences under the plan.

Kazakhstan will surgically remove the genitals of the worst offending paedophiles under a new draft law.

It follows complaints from MPs that the system of chemical castration - one of the toughest in the world - is not deterring child sex offenders.

Elnur Beisenbaev, an MP and executive secretary of the ruling Amanat Party, said the government was ‘spineless’ and pandering to paedophiles for failing to insist on ‘surgical castration’.

‘Unfortunately, [sex crimes against children] are happening more and more often,’ he said, suggesting chemical castration - which lowers the male libido through injected anti-androgen drugs - was not effective.

‘By letting a rapist go free, we allow them to reoffend,’ he added.

‘This is evidenced by the death of little Erkizhan in Saryagash.’

Erkezhan Nurmakhan, five, was lured to a paedophile’s house after he offered her money for an ice cream.

Killer Saidolim Gayibnazarov, 48, who had previous convictions, was sentenced to life in jail and chemical castration.

‘The government says our amendment for surgical castration of paedophiles violates human rights,’ said the MP, a father of four, who intends to keep pressing for the new law.

'We don’t suggest applying it to all paedophiles, but we’d like to give courts an option of having surgical castration.

'If a paedophile attack is especially cruel, I believe surgical castration must be applied…

'There were about 430 crimes of this kind committed against our children lately.

'Our government demonstrates its lack of backbone by not approving surgical castration, as if we violate the rights of paedophiles, because paedophiles are human beings.

‘I believe they are not human beings.’

He spoke of another case where ‘a father from Almaty who has been raping his daughter for two years was given only 20 years in prison’.

He said: ‘This is nonsense. Criminals like him should face life imprisonment and medical castration.’

He added: 'This [surgical castration] is a preventive measure.

‘It sends a message to all paedophiles and other criminals of similar type, that this heinous crime will result in physical castration by court order.’
MP Elnur Beisenbaev said: ‘Unfortunately, [sex crimes against children] are happening more and more often,’ he said, suggesting chemical castration - which lowers the male libido through injected anti-androgen drugs - was not effective’

MP Elnur Beisenbaev said: ‘Unfortunately, [sex crimes against children] are happening more and more often,’ he said, suggesting chemical castration - which lowers the male libido through injected anti-androgen drugs - was not effective’

Kazakhstan has operated a system of forced castration for paedophiles for several years.

Child sex abusers have been shown on Kazakh TV telling of their anguish after undergoing forced castration.

One said: 'I know it’s harmful to my body.

‘I know it will affect my health in future.’

Another said: ‘Now I am sorry I committed such a crime.’

Yet there are critics of the scheme.

Human rights activist Dina Tansari said paedophiles remained dangerous on release even after chemical castration.

‘Impunity gives rise to new crimes,’ she said.

'No chemical castration will help…

'We must take into account the fact that the medicine used in this procedure is very easy to remove from the body.

'Doctors say that its effect can be neutralised by alcohol.

‘I believe this is a waste of public funds.’

Deputy Interior Minister Igor Lepikha said surgical castration was ‘controversial’.

‘In terms of ethics and the human side of the issue it is very complicated indeed,’ he said.

‘Moreover, we speak about these criminals being locked up for life - so there is no point in [castration] then.’

Well, I know where I’m NOT gonna go on my next vacation.

1 Like

Yet another case of two different things being labeled as the same.

While the title of the article is misleading by referring to “paedophiles”, the latter are indeed criminals and should be punished.

2 Likes

Surgical castration, like the use of libido-inhibiting drugs, does not and will not prevent high-risk offenders from perpetrating contact offenses.

3 Likes

More “feel good” politics.

1 Like

To put it another way: Goddamnit, Borat.

1 Like