Latest attack on digital privacy

A dark-money consortium of mostly-anonymous billionaires linked to the US Democratic Party and the US security agencies has launched an offensive against online encryption. Its rationale for this crusade? What else! :roll_eyes:

Group Attacking Apple Encryption Linked to Dark-Money Network.

3 Likes

Unsurprising considering how willing Democrats have been to overlook the detrimental effects of breaking encryption on groups they typically support (such as queer people and all manner of activists)

3 Likes

With the recent tragic events of the HAMAS attacks on Israel, my biggest fear is that the attacks against privacy/encryption will be renewed.

3 Likes

It should be the opposite, honestly. Israel is the surveillance state. If they can’t catch something like this, maybe mass surveillance isn’t the best approach

3 Likes

They’d just use that as an excuse as how their current system is “lacking” and that they would’ve caught this pre-emptive strike if their GAZAINT systems were better.

2 Likes

I know, but I felt like at least one person needed to point out the obvious conclusion

2 Likes

And in the midst of that wave of attacks against privacy/encryption, a wave of attacks on nonabusive alternative outlets for MAPs, and everyone else whose erotic fantasies involve imaginary minors, is likely as well.

2 Likes