Looking for input on an upcoming article about CSAM

I’m working on an article for Prostasia’s blog about changing society’s approach to CSAM in a way that reduces viewing rates, supports survivors, and protects innocent people (i.e. kodocon viewers).

Since I don’t have much direct personal experience with this topic, I’d like to get input from people who do so the article better reflects the experiences of members of these groups. If you are any of the following, please feel free to reach out using the contact info at the bottom of this post:

• CSA survivor who’s abuse was recorded and posted online
  • Someone who struggled with addiction to CSAM in the past (For their own safety, I’d discourage current viewers from participating. If you are struggling to stop viewing illegal content, you can find support resources on Prostasia’s Get Help page).
  • Kodocon viewer who has faced harassment or false accusations from antis
  • CSA survivor who uses kodocon as a coping mechanism
  • Anyone else with personal experience that may be relevant

In terms of what I’m looking for, I’m open to anything you want to share, so feel free to tell me about anything you feel is relevant. Once I have an understanding of how this topic is relevant to you, I can also come up with some questions that will help you more specifically address the topics I want to discuss in the article.

Your name and contact info won’t be shared, and I won’t pull any direct quotes into the article without permission. If I do quote you, I’ll also give you an opportunity to select a pseudonym, or you can remain completely anonymous.

If you have something to share, you can DM me here, email me, or find additional contact info on my personal website (Session is sometimes unreliable for me, so I prefer Element or Discord, but use whatever works best for you).

3 Likes

Hi, @elliot .

I’m just concerned over how kodocon (lolicon/shotacon) fits into this equation since it’s not CSAM?
Will you clarify that point in your blog post? And how will you expand upon it?

One of my biggest concerns with lumping in fiction in with CSAM is that doing so could be seen as harmful to children, as doing so would conflate the sympathy and concern we have for children with the disgust and offense people take to the subject matter expressed via fiction, despite the fact that these are not intrinsic properties of either.

2 Likes

Sorry, should have clarified that in my original post. The reason I’m mentioning kodocon is that I plan to point out how society’s current approach to CSAM causes kodocon artists and viewers to be targeted by vigilantes and law enforcement, even though their actions are not harming anyone. When I define CSAM in the article I’ll be explaining that it doesn’t include kodocon for that reason and also mentioning elsewhere in the article that targeting fictional content takes resources away from protecting real children.

3 Likes