Medicating pedophiles and reducing their sexual urges suggestion

My idea is to run an experiment would be whether coerced medication of high risk pedos to reduce their sexual urges reduce crime overall. I want to see if there is a difference in those who have been coersed onto medication vs those not on medication vs those voluntarily take medication. There appears to be drugs out there that substantially reduce sexual urges.

@terminus @moderators Please ban this person. I’m beginning to seriously lose my goddamn patience with these fucking trolls, and with this particular instance, they’re beginning to seriously weigh on my ability to retain a proper candor.

And to answer your question, what you’re referring to is the practice known as ‘chemical castration’ and it is not known whether it has a real effect on reducing recidivism in high-risk offenders.
Some studies claim that it reduces it by up to 75%, but these results are often questioned by other results which found the opposite, whereby risk of reoffending is greatly exacerbated should the patient go without taking the meds, all of those suppressed hormones and urges will hit them like a truck and, because their therapy revolved mostly around suppressing sexual feelings rather than learning to control them, the likelihood that they reoffend has been measured to be heavily increased.
Not to mention that the side effects of such therapies, such as liver damage, muscle tenderness, gynecomastia (formation of male breasts), and other psychological effects make it a very unethical form of treatment.

Chemical castration is regarded as an ethical quandary for many clinicians, with some arguing in favor of it and others (the majority) arguing heavily against its use in compulsory settings. There exists a middle-ground consensus where some argue that it should only be allowed in voluntary settings and, of course, under medical supervision in conjunction with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), but experimental studies on whether the effects of recidivism are understandably limited and sparse, and correlational studies are also limited.

Also, you fucking bitch, it’s not sexual urges that cause rape or CSA. It’s psycho-social pathology in conjunction with sexual interests.
If you suppress only the sexual urges, then the pathology will inevitably manifest in ways that are more violent or destructive, rather than just sexual. This is echoed in the fact that sex offenders who undergo the treatment tend to commit VIOLENT offenses, rather than sexual offenses, after the fact.
This is, in part, why so many clinicians are emphatically AGAINST the concept of chemical castration in the first place.

The sex isn’t the problem. It’s the pathology.

7 Likes

My idea is to run an experiment would be whether coerced medication of inconceivable retards to reduce their stupidity overall. I want to see if there is a difference in those who have been coerced onto medication vs those not on medication vs those who voluntarily take medication. There appears to be drugs out there that substantially reduce mental inhibition.

… they’re beginning to seriously weigh on my ability to retain a proper candor.

Its okay @Chie you can do the splaining I’ll do the trolling.

5 Likes

I too want to do an experiment, that being whether or not reading your brain lesion inducing posts could be a viable means of clinician assisted suicide :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree depending on what you mean with “high risk pedos”.

1 Like

It just means pedophiles that have a high risk for raping children.

I still don’t know how anyone can predict/measure the risk of a pedophile raping children.

3 Likes

I don’t know how they plan on finding out which caretakers are pedophiles or otherwise have “unnatural” sexual interest in the first place. But then again, they don’t know either, and I have no interest in doing the hard work of actually thinking on their behalf.

6 Likes

Exactly, of course it would be great if we could prevent a crime before it happens, but… How exactly are you going to know when someone going to commit a crime? And no, the fact that a person is a pedophile doesn’t mean that he/she would abuse anyone. Is more likely that he would? Yeah it is, but is also more likely that a poor will steal, that a man will be violent, that a woman won’t be able to work under pressure, etc. But I guess you agree that we should not “punish” or “limit” any of them just to be sure, right? Like, people have the ability to control their own actions and not do things they are more “likely” to do.

1 Like

It’s true that we most likely cannot find out who is a high risk pedophile. It’s something that the pedophile himself will be in charge of assessing. When I listen to media like the prevention project I hear a lot of stories of pedophiles who are concerned that they may offend. Obviously someone who knows that they are at a high risk of offending should not intentionally do anything that gives them access to offend.

Society cannot analyze other people’s risk . If we could then we could also stop cerial killers before they commit murder.

4 Likes

Many believe they have a high risk of offending because of stigma and self-hatred, without actually having a high risk of offending.

4 Likes

This reads like a help wanted ad written by Josef Mengele.

5 Likes