PLEASE stop trying to legalize child sex dolls

Also, could you send me the link to the actual legislation under debate? Thank you in advance!

4 Likes

The problem is that if a sex doll law makes it out of committee, politicians will have no choice but to vote for it, since they will be smeared otherwise. That’s why we have to kill it in committee by pointing out that abuse prevention experts don’t support it.

9 Likes

Here is a link to the sex doll ban law: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/4150

Here is our campaign to stop it, and to prioritize child sexual abuse prevention instead: https://prostasia.org/campaign/and-justice-for-all/

11 Likes

Thank you, and thanks for the email!

4 Likes

Most normal people do not care about what a tiny number of fringe “intellectuals” think. If almost everyone thinks it’s wrong, than it’s wrong. We live in a democracy so that means the majority should be able to decide everything. That’s literally the whole point of democracy!

And human rights exist precisely to stop majoritarian rule from trampling the rights of minorities. Democracy isn’t complete without robust human rights protection. At a fundamental level, you have a human right to privacy in your own bedroom. The government does not have the right to tell you how you are allowed to masturbate.

17 Likes

Tyranny of the masses is a thing. Case in point:

6 Likes

The government does not have the right to tell you how you are allowed to masturbate.

This was suppose to be a general rule, not an absolute. It’s something to describe consensual sex between aged-gap adults, same sex couples, LGBTQI relationships. Nothing to do with child abuse dolls.

Everything to do with sex toys, in general.

4 Likes

All of those involve other people, but we’re discussing what people do on their own in the privacy of their own home when it effects no one.

10 Likes

All of those involve other people, but we’re discussing what people do on their own in the privacy of their own home when it effects no one.

If you are using a doll that looks so like a literal elementary school age child you are harming others. I don’t get why this is hard to understand.

Yet no link between someone using on of the dolls on their own in the privacy of their own home, and harm to real children. Once you’ve demonstrated such a link I’ll be more open to your ideas, but you and your friends have yet to do so.

10 Likes

As other posters have said… IT DEVALUES EVERYONE’S CHILDHOOD.

In what way. One could say that about all of my fantasies. Me having sexual fantasies about children does not devalue them, why would possession of a doll?

8 Likes

By what? My demonic aura? I only wish I had such an aura. Unfortunately, I cannot Force Push anyone, no matter how hard I try.

9 Likes

Are you saying dolls have rights?

9 Likes

You’re conflating democracy with majoritarianism, which is more akin to populism and “mob rule” than anything else. Just because the majority may disagree doesn’t mean they’re right.
It was this approach that allowed slavery, Jim Crow, and the oppression of the LGBT community. Minorities have a right to exist, and your prejudices don’t justify what is tantamount to unjustified prohibition and oppression.

Nobody has to agree that pedophilia is right, good, or otherwise welcome. However, we must be able to agree that distaste for it shouldn’t be what guides, justifies, or dictates policy.

Also it’s not a few “fringe” intellectuals. Unbiased scientific research on the topic does and relevant subject matter simply doesn’t support criminalizing the child sex dolls that do not resemble actual children.

14 Likes

How does a sex doll devalue anything??? That’s YOU devaluing it yourself.

13 Likes

Chie is right. The sensitivity that our critics have about pedophilia reveals a deep fear and insecurity about it. All that we are trying to do is to can counter that fear with science. Because pedophilia has been characterized as Satanic in the QAnon belief system (a very literal “folk devil”), it offers a very simple explanation for the phenomenon of child sexual abuse. It’s much easier to believe that explanation, than to realize that child sexual abuse, and pedophilia, are both complex and nuanced subjects. If only it was as simple as equating one to the other, preventing child sexual abuse would be very simple. But it isn’t, and their irrational rage towards an organization that promotes an evidence-based approach to these topics is very telling.

14 Likes

Preach, my man. Preach!

7 Likes