Texas teacher fired after controversal remarks about MAPs

In Texas a teacher has been fired after a 15 second video clip was published on TikTok, recording her saying that you should call pedophiles MAPs and not judge people for “wanting to have sex with a five-year-old”.

Apparently, her remarks were actually meant to be sarcastic, as she was playing devil’s advocate and trying to get her students to argue against that position.

4 Likes

Firstly, MAP and pedophile aren’t 100% interchangeable, as MAP also includes hebephiles and ephebophiles. Second, we should judge people who want to rape children if they seriously plan on scratching that itch. But we shouldn’t judge people for merely having a desire to have sex with a child. If we judged people for their desires, a lot of us would be locked up for wishing certain people dead (like everyone who says we should kill all pedos!)…

By the by, what exactly did she teach? How did this subject come up?

3 Likes

She was being sarcastic. She’s a conservative. She was basically making fun of people like Dr Allyn Walker that say that the term “Minor Attracted Person” should be used instead of “pedophile”. It got taken out of context by conservatives (no surprise there!) and she got fired.

8 Likes

I hope that’s true an anti getting hit by the cancel mob would be so satisfying.

5 Likes

That’s the funniest part about it :joy: what’s the saying again? Hoisted by your own petard?

To be fair though I doubt most of those on the left would be all too open to the term map either.

3 Likes

It’s kinda awful no matter which way you look at it.

It must have been horrible for any MAP sitting in her class, listening to her ridiculing and all their classmates heavily protesting the idea that MAPs should not be judged just for their attractions.

On the other hand, it is awful that a 15 second clip of a teacher seemingly arguing against the stigmatization of MAPs is enough to end a thirty year career, no matter the context. And not just that, there are also a lot of death threats floating around on Twitter against her and her family right now.

4 Likes

Yep, and its situations like this that show that really no part of the mainstream attitudes when it comes to maps is working to the benefit of anyone. It’s all just self destructive hysteria born out of hatred and prejudice

3 Likes

Reap what you sow. She indoctrinated her students into anti-MAPism and encouraged them to argue against MAP activism (like you said, what if she had MAPs in her class? Imagine the guilt, shame, fear, self-loathing, etc., they felt that day! The paranoia of being discovered, outed, their families forever subjected to ridicule and violence! A student should NEVER be made to feel this way by their teachers and/or classmates, absolutely, completely, totally unacceptable!). Death threats are perhaps too far, but firing for indoctrination seems fair.

3 Likes

If that was the reasoning for the firing I’d still consider it a bit extreme, but I’d probably support it. People’s right to exist as themselves shouldn’t be up for debate, especially not by high school students

4 Likes

The irony is palpable.

5 Likes

The part i find disturbing is the assertion that one wants to harm.

Again.

No one controls whether one likes the smell of baking bread. One does control whether one acts on it or even pays attention to it. Attraction works the same way. One can feel attraction and have no desire to act on it.

1 Like

smh another anti who cares more about hating on MAPs than helping survivors -.- Like, I get if she didn’t care about potential MAPs in her class, but did she not consider that springing MAP discourse on her students in such a way (using such blunt language like ‘wanting to have sex with a 5 year old’ without warning - and you know there wasn’t a warning otherwise people wouldn’t be confused about whether it’s sarcastic or not) might be upsetting for potential survivors in her class?

I’m not saying people shouldn’t be educated about MAPs, but damn, these people can’t even be internally consistent with their own frigging principles -.-

3 Likes