Update on our Discord server

Due to low rates of activity, as well as technical issues and moderation limitations, Prostasia staff have decided to shut down our Discord server for the foreseeable future. This will allow us to focus more on this forum and other projects going forward. Existing Discord members have been encouraged to make accounts here, and members who attempt to join the server after the shutdown will see a message encouraging them to do the same.

6 Likes

Yeah, I was in the Discord server, but was never active in it, so it’s fine.

Besides, the server wasn’t used very much, so it would be nice for Discord members to join the forum.

3 Likes

Makes sense. Why have a Discord when there’s a perfectly good forum right here?

3 Likes

Personally, I never saw a reason for it. I think the forum is perfect enough for a CSE prevention charity.

3 Likes

I think it was an effort to engage with stakeholders on different platforms, plus there are some benefits to having a live chat. The Discord also allowed people to suggest Twitter posts, which we currently don’t have a way for people to do on the forum.

2 Likes

There’s also a chat plugin for the forum software that we could enable… perhaps only for users above a certain trust level. If there’s any interest in that, it wouldn’t be hard to try for a while.

3 Likes