What are your thoughts on James Linsday trying to say modern schools of thought are justifying child sex?

For the record this guy is linked to several failed “gotchas” of academia so I doubt he understands what he is talking about.

1 Like

There’s no way I’d be able to sit and listen to this guy talk for over 2 hours. He’s so boring and dry. I’d fall asleep before I made it to the ten minute mark.

1 Like

I’m guessing this guy is a typical right-wing republican. Takes the most accepted commonly held beliefs in society and then mixes it up with some stupid conspiracy in order to try and sell it as some counter culture opposed to the mainstream. They always try to paint themselves as the little guy versus the world; it’s all chicanery that’s easily see-through. Even Hitler painted himself as a man against oppressors. George Orwell, who is a much better writer than myself, described it as such:

It is a pathetic, dog-like face, the face of a man suffering under intolerable wrongs. In a rather more manly way it reproduces the expression of innumerable pictures of Christ crucified, and there is little doubt that that is how Hitler sees himself. The initial, personal cause of his grievance against the universe can only be guessed at; but at any rate the grievance is here. He is the martyr, the victim, Prometheus chained to the rock, the self-sacrificing hero who fights single-handed against impossible odds. If he were killing a mouse he would know how to make it seem like a dragon. One feels, as with Napoleon, that he is fighting against destiny, that he can’t win, and yet that he somehow deserves to.

They are killing a mouse and making it seem like they are fighting a dragon.