What purity policing fans get wrong about censorship

Originally published at: https://prostasia.org/blog/what-purity-policing-fans-get-wrong/

Alexus is a 15 year old who writes fan fiction for fun. Her favorite fandoms include Supernatural, Legend of Zelda, and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. She is currently working on an alternate first episode of Sabrina, in which the title character, also aged 15, is preparing to be inducted as a witch. In the…

1 Like

I don’t know why people waste time trying to censor this stuff, like… Get a life? What is wrong with people these days, do they not have a better hobby than to go around harassing people for made-up nonsensical reasons?

1 Like

I can understand the intent but… Intent is made moot when the context behind it is insufficient or it’s results aren’t even considered. I think it pays to look before you leap, or think before you act. Censorship in general, without considering or compassion in mind, is deplorable.

We have fought wars over this, had countless of soldiers die, and all so we can give everything away just so someone won’t get offended. Some of my own family members were shot dead by those vile people a long time ago.