Another petition introduced to criminalize loli in Japan

I dunno, the UN was pretty instrumental in preventing the Cuban Missile Crisis from turning into WW3. So there’s that. Many have argued that the UN has been more effective at peacekeeping than, say, the US has. So it’s not a totally useless organization. More useful than their shortlived predecessor the League of Nations anyhow. I feel like the UN is kinda in-between a rock and a hard place:

If the UN stays out of most conflicts, they get accused of being useless and ineffective. If they stick their nose into every conflict, they get accused of imperialism.

I feel like they could probably find a cutoff between stopping wars and telling people what comics they’re allowed to read

5 Likes

Nah, for military stuff, we have NATO.

1 Like

At this point, I prefer exploitative conquerors over “saviors” who want to provide “help” to people who clearly don’t want it.

1 Like

NATO is just a certain (though large) geographic area, while the UN is more global

Probably. Idk geopolitics don’t @ me

NATO is looking to defend the rest of Asia from the Chicoms: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/07/13/china-nato-indo-pacific-biden/

Meanwhile, the UN is complicit with the Chicoms:

2 Likes